This one’s an absolute stunner if you love the flavour of green peppercorns. Prawns are marinated with green peppercorns, shallots and other aromatics, then pan fried till juicy and succulent.
Pan fried Prawns (with green peppercorns) Recipe
1. 500gms large prawns; deshelled and deveined
2. 4-5 green peppercorn bunches (reserve one bunch for garnish)
3. 1 garlic clove
4. 5 large shallots
5. 3 sprigs curry leaves (reserve one sprig for garnish)
6. ½ tsp turmeric powder
7. Salt, to season
8. Coconut oil; to pan fry the prawns
Note – Green peppercorns have less heat than the black ones, but do check the heat and adjust quantities
1. Clean and wash the prawns; keep aside to drain.
2. Blend the green peppercorns, shallots, curry leaves, garlic, and turmeric powder to a coarse paste.
3. Add this to the prawns, season with salt and mix well to coat the prawns. Keep for atleast 30 minutes.
4. In a large pan, heat coconut oil. Make sure the oil is really hot before adding the prawns. Cook on medium to heat high on both sides till the prawns are done.
5. When the prawns are almost done, add the reserved peppercorn bunch and curry leaves; toss well on high heat and remove.
6. Serve warm
Note – The peppercorns do turn black sometimes when heated; if you wish to retain the green colour, add right at the end of the cooking process and remove immediately.
Check our new VFM combos for this week. Call 89390 00351 or WhatsApp to 9171072896 .
Call 89390 00351 or 9171072896 to place your order for fresh , live and exotic seafood till 3.00 pm for same day delivery and up to 9.30 pm for next day delivery. Delivery up to 4 pm daily.
All fishes, crabs are cleaned and ready to cook. Prawns are peeled and deveined.
Check availability of fishes Click here