Whole Snapper stuffed with Green Chutney Recipe
- 1 large whole snapper (approximately 700gms)
- Salt, to season
- 2 eggs; beaten
- 1 ½ cups semolina
- Vegetable oil; for frying
- Lemon wedges; for serving
- Green chutney
- 3/4 cup grated coconut
- 3 green chillies
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves (stems included)
- ½ inch ginger root
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt, to season
- Descale and clean the insides of the fish. Wash well and score the skin of the fish on both sides.
- Rub the whole fish with ¼ tsp salt and keep for 15 minutes.
- Grind all the ingredients except salt for the green chutney to make a smooth paste. Season with
salt after grinding.
- Stuff the green chutney into the cavities and slits of the fish. Reserve some of the chutney to serve
at the end.
- In a flat plate/tray, beat the egg well. Coat the fish well on both sides with the beaten egg.
- Then coat the fish well with semolina on both sides.
- Using a kitchen string, tie the fish loosely at 1-2 places so that the chutney does not fall out while frying.
- Heat oil in a large flat frying pan and shallow fry the fish on both sides till golden brown and done.
- Serve warm with lemon wedges, remaining green chutney and a salad on the side.
Note – If making for a party, prepare the prawn mixture ahead of time and refrigerate till necessary. Assemble only at time of serving.
Check our new VFM combos for this week. Call 89390 00351 or WhatsApp to 9171072896 .
Call 89390 00351 or 9171072896 to place your order for fresh , live and exotic seafood till 3.00 pm for same day delivery and up to 9.30 pm for next day delivery. Delivery up to 4 pm daily.
All fishes, crabs are cleaned and ready to cook. Prawns are peeled and deveined.
Check availability of fishes Click here