1. 700 gm, Atlantic Salmon fillet; cut into large cubes
2. 1 cup thick curd
3. ¼ tsp turmeric powder
4. 2 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to heat preferences)
5. 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
6. ½ tsp coriander powder
7. ¼ tsp garam masala
8. ½ tsp cumin/jeera powder
9. ¼ tsp black salt/kala namak
10. ¼ tsp chaat masala
11. ¼ tsp dry ginger powder
12. Salt, to season
13. ¼ tsp black pepper powder
14. Vegetable oil, for grilling
15. Lemon wedges, to serve
16. Fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped; for garnish
17. Mint-coriander chutney, to serve
1. Wash and pat dry the salmon fillet; cut into large cubes and keep aside.
2. To prepare the tandoori marinade, mix all the ingredients from 2 – 13.
3. Add the salmon cubes to this marinade, coat well and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or longer if time permits.
4. Soak the wooden skewers in water so that it does not burn while grilling.
5. Neatly skewer the salmon cubes, 4 pieces per wooden skewer.
6. Heat the grill to smoking hot, brush with oil and place the skewers on the grill. Make sure that one side has cooked well before turning the skewers over. Grill till done.
7. Serve hot with lemon wedges, chopped coriander leaves and mint-coriander chutney.
Note – Salmon does not have to be cooked for too long; it must be pink and flaky; so grill approximately 4-5 minutes on either side.
You can use a barbeque, charcoal grill or a traditional tandoor to cook the skewers. If you do not have any of these, use a flat nonstick pan for the same.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai