1. 250 gms squid; sliced into thin strips
2. 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
3. ¼ tsp turmeric powder
4. Salt, to season
5. 2 sprigs curry leaves
6. ½ tsp mustard seeds
7. 4-5 medium sized garlic cloves; grated
8. 1 inch ginger; grated
9. 5-6 large shallots/small onion; finely sliced
10. 2 sprigs curry leaves
11. 2 green chillies (whole)
12. ¼ cup fresh coconut pieces (add more if you enjoy the taste)
13. ¼ tsp turmeric powder
14. ½ tsp red chilli powder
15. 1 medium tomato; chopped
16. ¼ tsp roasted fenugreek powder
17. ½ tsp black pepper powder
18. Salt, to season
19. 4-5 tbsp coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
1. Clean and cut the squid lengthwise into thin strips. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves to this and season with salt. Mix well and leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large pan and shallow fry the squid; remove and keep aside.
3. Into the same oil (you can add more if necessary), crackle mustard seeds. Then add the garlic and ginger; sauté till the rawness disappears.
4. Next add the shallots, curry leaves and green chillies. Sauté till the onions are translucent and then add the coconut pieces. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes.
5. Cook till the tomatoes begin to break down; next add the turmeric and red chilli powder and mix well.
6. Add the fried squid, fenugreek and black pepper powder. Season with salt and cook covered for about 1-2 minutes.
7. Serve warm with rice and dal.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai