1. 350gm squid; cleaned and cut into long strips
2. ½ tsp mustard seeds
3. 1 medium sized onion, finely sliced
4. 2 garlic cloves, crushed
5. ½ inch ginger, crushed
6. 2 sprigs curry leaves
7. 1 large ripe tomato, finely chopped
8. ¾ – 1 tbsp black pepper (use crushed peppercorns instead of packet pepper powder)
9. ¼ tsp turmeric powder
10. ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
11. 1 tsp coriander powder
12. ½ tsp cumin powder
13. ¼ tsp fenugreek powder
14. 3 tbsp coconut oil
15. Salt, to season
16. 1 tbsp coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Clean the squid well (get your fishmonger to do the job for you) and cut into long strips.
2. In a large pan, heat oil and crackle the mustard seeds.
3. Add the sliced onion and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the crushed ginger and garlic and sauté till the onions are lightly browned.
4. Add a sprig of curry leaves and the tomatoes. Saute on medium heat till the tomatoes have softened well.
5. Add the powdered spices except fenugreek and continue to cook on low heat till the mixture comes together and oil starts to appear at the edges.
6. Add the squid slices and season with salt. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Add ½ cup water and bring to boil (add more water if you want more gravy). Lower heat and simmer till the squid is cooked well.
7. Add the fenugreek powder and the remaining curry leaves. Mix well and remove from heat.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai