1. 300gms medium sized prawns; deshelled and deveined
2. 300gms squid rings
3. 4-5 tbsp olive oil
4. A generous pinch of saffron strands
5. 2 medium onion; finely sliced
6. 2 large garlic cloves; finely chopped
7. 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley; finely chopped
8. 2 dry bay leaf
9. 1 large ripe red tomato; chopped
10. 3-4 tbsp tomato paste
11. 1 tbsp mixed peppercorns; crushed (use black if mixed not available)
12. 1 tbsp red chilli flakes; crushed
13. Salt, to season
14. Parsley leaves; for garnish
• Soak the saffron strands in ½ cup warm water for at least 15 minutes.
• Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a deep pan and add the sliced onions. Sauté for a minute or two and then add the garlic; continue to sauté till the onions are softened.
• Then add the bay leaf and chopped parsley; sauté for another minute on low heat.
• Next add the chopped tomatoes and cook on medium to high heat for about a minute; then add the tomato paste, mix well to combine and cook on low heat till the whole mixture comes together to a mushy consistency.
• Remove and keep aside.
• In the same pan, heat 2-3 tbsp olive oil and add the squid rings. Cook for a minute on high heat and then add the prawns. Continue to cook on high for another minute.
• Season with salt and add the pepper and chilli flakes.
• Next add the tomato mixture along with the soaked saffron (with water); mix well to combine.
• Add enough water for a thick stew; cook covered on low heat till the seafood is done (doesn’t take too long as seafood cooks fast).
• Garnish with parsley leaves.
• Serve warm with jasmine rice or with bread; a salad on the side would complete the dish.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai