Spicy Salmon Sliders (with Kashmiri Chilli Mayonnaise) . Recipe by Supreme Seafood .
Fun, delicious and exciting mini party sliders with delicious salmon patties! Paired with a creamy homemade mayonnaise with the vibrant flavour from Kashmiri chillies, this is a party canapé like none other.
For the #salmon patties:
(Makes about 12-13 patties)
1. 450gm skinless salmon fillet
2. 4 tbsp coarse bread crumbs
3. 1 egg (600gm)
4. ½ red onion; finely chopped
5. 2 garlic cloves; finely chopped
6. 2 tbsp coriander leaves; finely chopped
7. ¾ tbsp hot chilli powder (adjust to preferences)
8. ½ tbsp coriander powder
9. ¼ tbsp roasted cumin powder
10. Salt, to season
11. Freshly milled black pepper; to season
12. Vegetable oil; for shallow frying
13. 1 cup bread crumbs; for coating the patties
For the mayonnaise:
14. 2 egg yolk
15. 300ml vegetable oil
16. 2 Kashmiri chillies; seeds removed and soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
17. Juice of ½ lemon
18. 1 medium garlic clove
19. Salt, to season
20. 6 brioche/slider buns
21. Tomato ketchup
22. Iceberg lettuce; torn into large chunks
23. Pickled red onion slices
To make the patties:
1. Make sure that all the bones have been removed in the salmon fillet.
2. Add all the ingredients from 1- 11 into a food processor and grind for a few seconds. Do not over grind or the salmon pieces will become pasty.
3. Shape into small patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Place the bread crumbs in a flat pan and lightly dust the patties evenly on both sides.
5. Heat oil in a flat pan and shallow fry the patties till golden brown on either side.
• If you do not have a processor, chop the salmon very finely and then mix together with all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well by hand to combine evenly.
• You can also skip the bread crumbs and grill or barbecue the patties.
• The salmon mixture can be prepared in bulk and frozen for later use.
To make the mayonnaise:
• Cut the soaked chillies into small pieces.
• Blend the egg yolks, juice of half lemon, garlic and a pinch of salt.
• As the yolks start to cream, slowly add the oil (really slowly) till you get a creamy, mayo like consistency.
• Add the chillies. Taste and add more lemon juice and salt if necessary. Blend for a few more seconds and the mayo is ready.
• Makes more mayonnaise than necessary; store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
• The quantity of oil is approximate and depends on how soon you achieve the consistency.
• Skip the chillies for a simple garlic mayo.
• Cut the buns in half; spread mayonnaise on one side and tomato ketchup on the other.
• Place 2-3 lettuce leaves on one side followed by onions and then place the salmon patty on top.
• Cover with the other bun and secure with a toothpick.
To make instant pickled onions; place the sliced onions in a bowl, cover with vinegar and add a pinch of salt. Keep for at least 30 minutes and squeeze out all the vinegar before use.