Here is a recipe for a deliciously crispy fried squid which has been mildly spiced with South India’s favourite spice blend – sambhar powder!
1. 300gm squid rings
2. 3-4 cups breadcrumbs (use Panko breadcrumbs if possible for more crunch)
3. 2 eggs; beaten well
4. 1 tsp sambhar powder
5. Salt, to season
6. ½ tsp black pepper powder
7. Vegetable oil, for deep frying
1. Beat the eggs well with sambhar powder and season with salt.
2. Season the breadcrumbs with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan to fry the squid rings.
4. Dip each squid ring first in the beaten egg and then roll well in the bread crumbs. Keep aside and repeat for all the squid rings.
5. Deep fry till golden brown.
6. Serve with tomato sauce and aioli.