For the stuffing:
1. 300gms prawns; deshelled and deveined
2. 2medium garlic cloves; grated
3. ½ inch ginger; grated
4. 1 medium onion; finely chopped
5. 1 green chilli; finely chopped
6. ¼ tsp turmeric powder
7. ½ tsp red chilli powder
8. ¼ tsp cumin seeds
9. ¼ tsp caraway/shahi jeera seeds
10. 2 sprigs fresh coriander leaves; finely chopped
11. Salt, to season
12. 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the dough:
13. 2 ½ cups wholewheat flour / atta
14. Salt, to season
16. Vegetable oil
17. Butter, to serve
1. To prepare the dough, season the flour with salt and add enough water and knead till done. The dough must be soft and pliable; allow to rest for at least 15 minutes.
2. To prepare the stuffing, mince the prawns using a knife or in the food processor (do not make it too pasty).
3. Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil and add the cumin and caraway seeds. Then add the grated garlic, ginger, green chilli and onion; sauté till the onions are translucent and then add the turmeric and chilli powder. Mix well to combine; season with salt.
4. Then add the prawn mince and cook on high heat till the prawns are done. Add the coriander leaves, mix well and remove from heat. Allow to cool before stuffing the parathas.
5. Make medium sized balls from the kneaded dough. Roll out one dough ball to medium thickness, place a bit of the prawn stuffing in the centre and then pinch the sides to form a ball again (with the stuffing in centre). Then roll out gently again and keep aside.
6. Repeat the same with the remaining dough. (Alternately if you find this method hard, then you can make small sized dough balls. Roll out two balls evenly (like you would for a chappathi). Then place the filling on one and place the other chappathi on top; press the sides to seal and roll out gently to make the stuffed paratha)
7. Heat a flat tawa/pan and place the paratha; drizzle lightly with oil and cook on both sides till done.
8. Serve warm with a dollop of butter and pickle.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai