Sambar powder is such a versatile spice blend that can be used in so many different recipes and not just the humble sambar. Here, this flavoursome blend from South India has been used with yoghurt as a marinade to pan grill fresh basa fillets, onions and bell peppers. A delicious starter!
Pan grilled Fish Skewers Recipe (with Sambar powder)
- 3 basa fillets (boneless); cut into equal sized cubes
- 1 bell pepper/capsicum; cut into cubes
- 1 large red onion; cut into cubes
- Vegetable oil; for grilling
- Bamboo skewers
- 1 cup yoghurt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 ½ tsp sambar powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- Salt, to season
- ½ tsp grated garlic
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- Coriander leaves; finely chopped for garnish
- Lemon wedges; to serve
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 15 minutes to prevent burning while grilling.
- To prepare the marinade, mix all the ingredients given in the list.
- Place the cut fish cubes, onion and bell pepper in a large glass bowl and add the marinade. Mix well so that all the fish pieces and veggies are coated well with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Prepare the skewers by dividing the fish cubes, onion and bell pepper equally onto each skewer.
- Heat oil in a grill pan and when sufficiently hot, grill the skewers in batches. Make sure that you turn the skewer only after one side has cooked well or the fish cubes could break.
- Serve warm garnished with coriander leaves and lemon wedges
Check our new VFM combos for this week. Call 89390 00351 or WhatsApp to 9171072896 .
Call 89390 00351 or 9171072896 to place your order for fresh , live and exotic seafood till 3.00 pm for same day delivery and up to 9.30 pm for next day delivery. Delivery up to 4 pm daily.
All fishes, crabs are cleaned and ready to cook. Prawns are peeled and deveined.
Check availability of fishes Click here