1. 300 gms medium-sized prawns; cleaned and deveined
2. ½ cup fresh curry leaves + 2 sprigs for garnish
3. 4 garlic cloves
4. ½ inch ginger root
5. ¼ tsp turmeric powder
6. 1 green chilli
7. ½ tsp black pepper
8. ¼ tsp fennel/saunf/perinjeera powder
9. Juice of ½ lemon
10. Salt, to taste
11. 2-3 tbsp coconut oil
12. 1 lemon wedge, for garnish
1. Clean, de-vein the prawns and pat dry.
2. To prepare the spice marinade, blend ingredients 2- 9 into a coarse paste. (Add a little water if necessary).
3. Season the prawns with salt and marinate in the spice blend. Keep for at least 2 hours.
4. Heat oil in a flat pan and add the marinated prawns. Fry till done, approximately 2-3 minutes on either side.
5. Remove to a serving plate.
6. Add the 2 sprigs of curry leaves to the same oil and fry lightly to crisp it up (you can add more oil if required).
7. Garnish the prawns with the fried curry leaves and lemon wedge.
8. Finally , Serve hot.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai