Meditteranean style scallops marinated with a sundried tomato and spice blend, and then grilled to perfection. Served on a bed of couscous flavoured with citrus, nuts and herbs. Deliciousness!
Meditteranean Style Scallops with Couscous Recipe
1. 500gms scallops; removed from shell
2. 400gms couscous
3. 1 large lemon; juice and zest
4. ½ cup fresh parsley; finely chopped
5. ½ cup crushed nuts and seeds mix (you can use a mix or any combination of nuts and seeds)
6. Salt, to season
7. Black pepper; to season
8. Sumac, for garnish (optional)
9. Meditteranean spice blend
i. ½ small red onion; diced
ii. 2 large garlic cloves
iii. 125gms sun dried tomatoes with oil
iv. 1 tsp cumin
v. ½ tsp coriander powder
vi. ½ tsp paprika
vii. ¼ tsp allspice powder (use garam masala if not available)
viii. ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
ix. Juice of ½ lemon
x. 2 tsp fresh coriander; chopped
10. Vegetable oil; for grilling
1. Wash the scallops; drain and pat dry.
2. In a food processor, add all the ingredients required for the Meditteranean spice blend except the oil from the sundried tomatoes. Blend and then add 1-2 tbsp of the reserved oil (plus a few spoons of water if necessary) to get a thick sauce like consistency.
3. In a bowl, place the scallops and season with salt. Add roughly half of the spice blend to the scallops and combine well till all the scallops are coated. Marinate for half an hour.
4. Prepare the couscous according to packet instructions. Use a fork and scrape through the couscous to ensure it’s separate and fluffy. Add the chopped parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, nuts and seed mix; season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
5. Heat oil on a grill pan or flat pan; and cook the scallops in batches taking care not to overcook (you may use skewers or cook individually). Scallops need very little time to cook so take care not to overcook. Keep aside.
6. The remaining sundried tomato spice marinade can be served as a sauce. You can also mix 1-2 tbsp yoghurt to make a creamier sauce that goes well with the scallops.
7. To serve, place the couscous in a large bowl. Place the grilled scallops on top and garnish with chopped parsley and sumac. Serve warm with sundried tomato sauce.
Check our new VFM combos for this week. Call 89390 00351 or WhatsApp to 9171072896 .
Call 89390 00351 or 9171072896 to place your order for fresh , live and exotic seafood till 3.00 pm for same day delivery and up to 9.30 pm for next day delivery. Delivery up to 4 pm daily.
All fishes, crabs are cleaned and ready to cook. Prawns are peeled and deveined.
Check availability of fishes Click here