1. 1 large pomfret (around 550 gms)
2. 1 medium onion; make a paste or very finely chopped
3. 1 ½ tsp red chilli powder
4. 1 tsp turmeric powder
5. 2 tsp cumin powder
6. 1 inch ginger; grated
7. 1 tbsp ghee/clarified butter
8. ½ tsp garam masala
9. Salt, to season
10. 1 cup yoghurt
11. 6 cashewnuts
12. 6 raisins
13. 3 bay leaf
14. ¼ tsp cumin seeds
15. 4 cloves
16. 1 cinnamon stick
17. 3 green cardamom
18. 2 dry red chilli
19. 4 tbsp mustard oil
• Marinate the fish pieces with ½ tsp turmeric powder and salt; keep aside for 15 minutes.
• Heat mustard oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish pieces till lightly browned on either side but not cooked through. Keep aside.
• Beat the yoghurt with red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and grated ginger to make a paste.
• In the same oil, lightly fry the cashewnuts and raisins; remove and keep aside.
• Add the whole spices to the same pan and fry on low heat till fragrant. Then add the onion and sauté till light brown.
• Add the yoghurt paste and cook for about 5 minutes or till the oil begins to separate from the mixture. Keep stirring so that you do not burn the spices.
• Add the fish pieces along with the cashewnuts and raisins; mix well to combine and season with salt.
• Add the garam masala and ghee; mix well and cook on low heat for another minute.
• Then add enough water for gravy, cover and cook the fish till done.
• Serve warm with steamed white rice.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai