1. Grind all the ingredients under wet marinade to form a paste (add water only if necessary); rub this thoroughly over the fish and leave for at least 4 hours.
2. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients required to coat the fish and keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan forced).
4. Shallow fry the fish in vegetable oil till half done and keep aside.
5. Take clean plantain leaves and warm it lightly over the flame (this is done to soften the leaves which helps to hold shape while folding the fish or else, the leaves will begin to tear; make sure you do not burn the leaves).
6. Place one half of the above mixture on one side of the leaf, place the fish on top and spoon the remaining mixture over the fish. Wrap tightly into a bundle and hold in place either with toothpicks or using strings.
7. Grill in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of the fish), turning sides once in between. Alternately, use a stovetop grill or pan on low heat to cook the fish. You could also steam the fish using a steamer.
8. Cut open the banana leaves and garnish with coriander leaves and a wedge of lime. Serve hot with a fresh garden salad on the side.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai