Crispy, crumbed prawn patties nestled between soft brioche buns and generously flavored with chilli mayonnaise these Japanese inspired Prawn burgers are a gourmet affair for any seafood lover.
Japanese inspired Prawn Burger Recipe
To make the patties:
- Wash the prawns well and pat dry with kitchen paper before use.
- Place half of the prawns along with the spring onions, egg, cornflour, hot chilli sauce and a generous pinch of salt in a food processor. Pulse to a rough paste like consistency.
- Then add the remaining prawns and pulse just once or twice so that you get roughly chopped chunks of the prawns.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl to make it easier or coating.
- Scoop out a generous portion of the prawn mixture and shape into a patty (the mixture will be slightly sticky so wetting your hands with water will help).
- Press the burger into the crumbs well and then turn around and coat well on all sides pressing lightly.
- Repeat for all patties and refrigerate covered until it is time to fry.
To make the chilli mayo:
- In a bowl, mix the sriracha or chilli sauce into the mayonnaise (the amount of sauce can be adjusted to your heat preferences). Refrigerate till use.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the patties in batches; drain on a kitchen paper.
- Cut the brioche buns in half and toast both sides.
- Spread tomato chutney on one side and chilli mayo on the other.
- Place the lettuce leaves on one side and then stack up the patty followed by the onions and jalapenos.
- Drizzle more chilli mayo if you wish to.
(Makes 5-6 patties)
- 5 brioche buns
- Iceberg lettuce; tear into large leaves
- Red onion; cut into rings
- Tomato chutney/sauce
- Jalapenos (optional)
For the patties:
- 700gms large raw prawns; deshelled and deveined
- 2 spring onions (both white and green parts)
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce
- Salt, to season
- 200gm Panko/regular breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil; for frying
For the chilli mayo:
- 1 cup mayonnaise (homemade preferable but store bought works just as fine)
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha/hot chilli sauce (based on preferences)
Check our new VFM combos for this week. Call 89390 00351 or WhatsApp to 9171072896 .
Call 89390 00351 or 9171072896 to place your order for fresh , live and exotic seafood till 3.00 pm for same day delivery and up to 9.30 pm for next day delivery. Delivery up to 4 pm daily.
All fishes, crabs are cleaned and ready to cook. Prawns are peeled and deveined.
Check availability of fishes Click here