A delicious, easy to prepare fried rice with onions, peppers and mildly spiced barramundi. Perfect for a quick yet decadent weeknight dinner that will be enjoyed by the young and old alike.
Indo Chinese style Fish Fried Rice Recipe
- 300gms long grained rice; washed and soaked for atleast 30min
- 2 fresh barramundi fillets; cut into bite sized cubes
- 4-5 tbsp chilli sauce
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- Salt, to season
- Freshly crushed black pepper; to season
- Vegetable oil
- 2-3 large garlic cloves; finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger; finely chopped
- 1 large onion; finely sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper; finely sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper; finely sliced
- 2 celery sticks; finely sliced
- Cook the rice in salted boiling water till just done, drain and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add the barramundi cubes, 2 tbsp chilli sauce and 1 tbsp soy sauce; mix well and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil in a pan; shallow fry the fish pieces and keep aside.
- In a large wok, heat 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil. When smoking hot, add the onions, celery, garlic and ginger. Stir fry for about a minute till the onions are lightly softened.
- Then add the bell peppers, 2 tbsp chilli sauce and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Stir fry for another 30 seconds and add the fried fish pieces. Toss well and season with salt and pepper after having a taste.
- Add the cooked rice and toss well to combine.
- Serve hot
Check our new VFM combos for this week. Call 89390 00351 or WhatsApp to 9171072896 .
Call 89390 00351 or 9171072896 to place your order for fresh , live and exotic seafood till 3.00 pm for same day delivery and up to 9.30 pm for next day delivery. Delivery up to 4 pm daily.
All fishes, crabs are cleaned and ready to cook. Prawns are peeled and deveined.
Check availability of fishes Click here