1. Clean the fish, cut into medium sized slices and keep aside.
2. To make the spice powder, dry roast the fenugreek and cumin seeds on low heat till fragrant. Cool and grind to a fine powder. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a large pan and crackle the mustard seeds.
4. Then add the cumin seeds, followed by chopped onions and curry leaves. Saute for 2 minutes on medium heat.
5. Then add half of the coriander leaves and ginger garlic paste. Saute for another 2 minutes and then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder.
6. Add the grated coconut and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the fish pieces, season with salt and mix well.
8. Add the tamarind juice and then add garam masala and the prepared spice powder.
9. Mix well and add ½ cup water. (Add more water if you prefer a thinner gravy).
10. Cook on high for 5 minutes and then cook covered on low heat till the fish pieces are done.
11. Finish by adding the remainder of the coriander leaves.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai