A delicious spicy Indo Chinese inspired fish preparation using succulent snapper fillets. Easy and simple to make, this fish chilli takes very little time making it one of those quick weekday dishes. Pair it with your favourite fried rice or noodles and enjoy a fabulous meal.
Fish Chilli Recipe
1. 2 red snapper fillets; cut into small bite sized pieces
2. 1 tsp red chilli powder
3. 1 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder
4. 1 tsp coriander powder
5. 1 large red onion; cubed
6. 1 yellow bell pepper; cubed
7. 2 green chillies, whole
8. 3 dry red chillies, whole
9. 1 large semi ripe red tomato; diced
10. 1 tbsp tomato sauce
11. 1 tsp soy sauce
12. 2 sprigs curry leaves
13. Salt, to season
14. Vegetable oil, to shallow fry this fish
15. 1 spring onion; sliced
Note – The amount of spices must be varied depending on the amount and cut of fish.
1. Marinate the fish pieces using chilli powder and salt; keep aside for 15 minutes. Shallow fry in oil and drain well. (Make sure that you do not constantly turn the fish pieces or you could end up breaking it into smaller bits).
2. In a pan, heat 3 tbsp oil, add curry leaves, onions, dry red chillies and green chillies. Sauté for a minute (you want the crunch of the onions) and add the tomatoes, bell pepper, chilli powder and coriander powder. Then add the tomato sauce and soy sauce; toss on high heat for another minutes and then add the fried fish pieces.
3. Season with salt and mix well to combine; toss for a few seconds and remove from heat. Garnish with spring onions.
4. Hot and spicy fish chilli is ready.
Check our new VFM combos for this week. Call 89390 00351 or WhatsApp to 9171072896 .
Call 89390 00351 or 9171072896 to place your order for fresh , live and exotic seafood till 3.00 pm for same day delivery and up to 9.30 pm for next day delivery. Delivery up to 4 pm daily.
All fishes, crabs are cleaned and ready to cook. Prawns are peeled and deveined.
Check availability of fishes Click here