1. 1 kg Trevally; cut into medium sized slices
2. Salt, to season
3. Vegetable oil, to shallow fry the fish
4. Juice of ½ lemon
5. Lemon wedges, to serve
East Indian Bottle Masala:
1. 12.5 gms dry Bedki chilli
2. 12.5 gms dry Kashmiri chilli
3. 45 gms turmeric powder
4. 30 gms coriander seeds
5. 14 gms cumin seeds
6. 10 gms white sesame seeds
7. 10 gms poppy seeds
8. 7.5 gms fennel seeds
9. 25 gms mustard seeds
10. 2.5 gms black cumin / shahjeera
11. 3 green cardamom
12. 5 cloves
13. 2.5 gms black pepper
14. 3 gms cinnamon bark
1. To prepare the bottle masala, dry roast all the spices till aromatic and fragrant. Cool and grind to a powder. Store in an airtight bottle or container and use as necessary.
2. Clean the fish and cut into medium slices.
3. To prepare the marinade, mix 2 tbsp of the bottle masala with the juice of half a lemon, salt and enough water to make a paste. This is a spicy marinade so adjust quantities according to personal preference or depending on the quantity of fish.
4. Apply liberally on the fish pieces and keep aside for at least 2 hours or longer if time permits.
5. Heat vegetable oil in a flat pan and shallow fry the fish pieces on both sides till done.
6. Serve hot with lemon wedges and a side of green salad.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai