1. Heat oil and 1 tbsp butter in a kadhai or deep pan; warm lightly and add bay leaf, green cardamom, cloves and cumin seeds. Cook for a few seconds till the aroma is released.
2. Add the chopped onions and sauté on medium heat for 2 minutes. Next, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies; continue to sauté till the onions have browned well.
3. Then add the bell peppers and sauté for another 2-3 minutes till the bell peppers have softened.
4. Deglaze the pan with 1-2 tbsp water and add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, fennel powder coriander powder, asafoetida and salt. Saute on low heat for 2-3 minutes taking care not to burn the spices.
5. Add the mutton mince or kheema and sauté on high heat for 2 minutes, mixing well to combine with the onions and spices.
6. Add the milk and continue to cook on medium heat.
7. Once the mince has started to brown, add the freshly pureed tomatoes, a pinch of sugar and season with salt if necessary.
8. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
9. Add one cup water and continue to cook covered for another 10 minutes or till the mutton has softened well and the gravy comes together. If you think the gravy is too watery, open the lid and cook on high till the gravy thickens.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves, slit green chilli and butter.
11. Serve hot with pav, phulkas or rotis.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai