1. Katla fillets; cut into cubesdhaba-style-fish-curry
To marinate the fish:
2. ½ tsp turmeric powder
3. 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
4. Salt, to season
5. Vegetable oil; to shallow fry the fish pieces
To prepare the gravy:
6. 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
7. ½ tsp mustard seeds
8. ½ tsp fenugreek/methi seeds
9. 1 ½ tsp cumin/jeera seeds
10. 1 ½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
11. 2 ripe red tomatoes; finely chopped
12. 1 ½ tsp red chilli powder (adjust to heat preferences)
13. ½ tsp turmeric powder
14. 2 tsp coriander powder
15. Fresh coriander leaves; finely chopped
16. Juice of ½ lemon
1. Clean the fish pieces and marinate with salt, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste for at least 15 minutes.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and shallow fry the fish pieces on both sides till about 75% done. Remove and keep aside.
3. Meanwhile in another pan, heat vegetable oil and crackle mustard seeds. Then add the fenugreek and cumin seeds. Allow to splutter and then add the ginger garlic paste. Sauté till the rawness of the aromatics goes away.
4. Then add the tomatoes, increase heat and cook till the tomatoes are mushy.
5. Next add the spice powders and cook on low heat till the whole mixture comes together and oil starts to leave the sides of the pan.
6. Add the fish pieces and mix gently; add enough water for gravy and bring to boil. The amount of water depends on how thick you would like the gravy.
7. Simmer gently for 1-2 minutes and then remove from heat. Add the lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve warm.
Note – This recipe is extremely versatile and any type of fish, prawns or lobster may be used.
100+ varieties of seafood | Customised cuts | Chemical-free | Supreme quality.
Supreme Seafood Home Delivery in chennai