Freshly shucked oysters are such a delight for the taste buds. In this recipe, soft, plump and juicy oysters are oven baked with a garlic and curry leaf butter emulsion, coriander leaves and Kashmiri chilli powder. Taking Indian cuisine globally with this one…..
1. 8 freshly shucked oysters (ask your fishmonger to leave the oyster meat in one half of the shell)
2. 3-4 tbsp butter
3. 2 large garlic cloves; finely chopped (as fine as you can)
4. 5 curry leaves; finely chopped
5. 3 sprigs coriander leaves; finely chopped
6. 2 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
7. Salt, to season
8. Lemon wedges, to serve
• Clean the oysters and keep aside.
• Add the butter, garlic and curry leaves to a pan; melt over lowest heat possible and then leave for a few minutes for the flavours to infuse through.
• Pre heat the oven to 160°C (fan forced).
• Line the oysters in a baking tray. Pour less than half a tsp of the butter emulsion into each. Then top each with a few chopped coriander leaves, salt and a pinch of Kashmiri chilli powder. Bake for about 8-10 minutes or till just done.
• Top each oyster with the remaining butter and garnish with some coriander leaves and a pinch of chilli powder.
• Serve warm with lemon wedges.