Andhra style Prawn Curry
- 600gms prawns; deshelled and deveined
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 cloves
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 large red onion; finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves; grated
- ½ inch ginger; grated
- 4 green chillies (whole)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Salt, to season
- ½ cup yoghurt; beaten to remove clumps
- 2 sprigs coriander leaves; finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan, add the cardamoms, cloves and curry leaves. As the spices begin to sizzle, add the onions and sauté till softened.
- Then add the green chillies, garlic and ginger; sauté till the onions are light brown.
- Add all the spice powders and mix well to combine.
- Lower heat and add the yoghurt; mix well to combine with the onion masala
- Increase heat to high and cook the masala stirring continuously till oil starts to separate.
- Add the prawns, season with salt and mix well. Cook covered on low heat till the prawns are done. (This dish has a dry consistency, but if there is excess water, cook uncovered on high heat for the last 1-2 minutes)
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Check our new VFM combos for this week. Call 89390 00351 or WhatsApp to 9171072896 .
Call 89390 00351 or 9171072896 to place your order for fresh , live and exotic seafood till 3.00 pm for same day delivery and up to 9.30 pm for next day delivery. Delivery up to 4 pm daily.
All fishes, crabs are cleaned and ready to cook. Prawns are peeled and deveined.
Check availability of fishes Click here